Thursday 14 May 2015

Navodayami visit



It’s my pleasure to share about Navodayami visit. I along with my friends we left foundation morning 9:30 Cached the foundation bus at BVB gate I went for the field visits it was the part of MOVE module.I travelled along the Banglore high way, it was a good journey. I enjoyed the cool breeze on the way, after 2:30 hour journey I reached the village called Hamsabhavi, which is located in the Haveri district it placed in the northern Karnataka.

Then I entered into the house, it is a middle class family’s house. It looks good; first thing appeared me is the arrangement of pots in a systematic position. Later I came to know those pots were made by the head of the family, His name is Nagaraj and his brother name is Satish both of them are terracotta pot makers, from their childhood they are making these pots it is their ancestors business as well. They are making pots and selling in the exhibitions throughout the India.  In their early life they faced some economic problems because of traditional methods and being unaware about the market strategy.

Navodyami recognized them and gave training about the market; it helped them to get subsidies on machinery. Training helped them to make different echo-friendly pots and how to sell those products in the market. It was very useful to them to find the likes of the customer, from this real time scenario I learned that the entrepreneur should change himself and his strategies according to the customer likes and marketing strategies. The day was very good I learned and enjoyed

No comments:

Post a Comment